Quantifying and managing culture is critical for bringing a Family Business’s values “to life,” supporting the implementation of its strategies, and promoting adaptation, goal attainment, a winning performance and sustainability.
Culture has a greater impact on success and longevity than talent does
Behavioural norms have a significant impact on a family business’s ability to solve problems, adapt to change, and perform effectively at the top level.
At the organisational level, research shows a relationship between the right culture and outcomes including a winning performance, increased net profits, employee engagement, safety and reliability, successful merger integration, creativity, adaptability, and customer satisfaction.
Creating a winning culture in a Family Business
We are experts in creating winning cultures in family businesses. We understand how Family Businesses work, but we also understand about the importance of culture in such an organisation as a Family Business.
An effective culture increases productivity, effectiveness, efficiency and profits
What we do
- We will run regular culture surveys on your family business using data and metrics provided by a statistically reliable and valid assessment.
- We provide your family business with visual profiling of your operating and ideal cultures in terms of the behaviours that staff members believe are required to “fit in and meet expectations.”
- We also look at how effective the current culture is proving to be.
- We then identify and provide solutions and actions that will help close the gap between the current and ideal culture for the individuals, teams, departments, senior management and your organisation.
Benefits to you
- Reliable data is obtained on the behavioural norms of your family business and/or its sub-units
- Validates a need for cultural change on the part of the participants
- Identifies the areas where change needs to take place
- Develops a vision for culture change
- Creates individual and family business action plans for effecting cultural change
- Evaluates the impact of your change efforts
- Quantitatively measures and monitors key outcomes and causal factors
- Determines the impact of business, team, and job level factors on the effectiveness
- Assesses employee attitudes, motivation, and stress levels
- Identifies targets for changing and improving engagement and family business performance
- Identifies levers for closing the gap between the Family Business’s current culture and its ideal culture
- Monitors the impact of change initiatives and interventions in the family business
- A winning and effective culture has shown that it improves the profit of a family business
Please contact us if you are interested in finding out more.