Prevent shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations.
Managing the legacy of the family enterprise is a huge responsibility and requires talents and skills that would test the strongest individuals.
Transition is challenging
Six out of ten families lose their wealth by the second generation. Nine out of ten by the third. Only 5% of failure is due to financial planning, taxes and investments.
85% is due to poor communication within and between generations
We exist to help change that situation
We can help improve their:
- Financial awareness
- Ability to make good decisions in critical situations and with themselves
- Key business and life skills
- Ability to solve problems
Do not let inherited wealth become a handicap to happiness.
The Succession Programme
The Succession Programme is a 12-month long programme explicitly designed to prepare the Next Generation for the succession of a Family Enterprise or a considerable amount of wealth.
A year-long programme allows:
- A safe environment to practice new skills
- Time to practice and embed the new skills
- A time to build knowledge with a similar peer group
Many of the skills take time to practice – it is not enough to just know these skills.
The programme is delivered as both an Open programme and a Tailor-Made programme, designed to meet the specific needs of individual families.
They will be given the opportunity to put into practice what they have learnt and to receive feedback and support throughout the process.
Preparation is a process and not an event
The Open and International Programme benefits:
- Understand themselves better, (includes a Judgement Assessment)
- Become a more effective leader (includes a Leadership 360)
- Become more confident and assertive
- Improved resilience, (includes a Resilience Assessment)
- Become more organised, self-disciplined and structured
- Better at strategic planning and critical-thinking
- Better at decision-making and problem-solving
- Be more effective in meetings
- Become more entrepreneurial
- Learn to overcome the fear of failure
This programme helps change attitudes and encourages a growth mindset. It prepares and enables the Next Generation to be in a position where succession planning is possible.
Additional Benefits of the ‘Custom’ programme
- An educational and coaching programme built around the specific needs of the family enterprise
- As many coaching sessions as required
- No minimum numbers
For the custom programme, we work with you to build the best programme that you need.
Additional Benefits of the ‘Open’ programmes
- Building and enhancing a personal network
- Observing and learning about other families approaches
- Developing social and working group skills
Participants on all the programmes will receive one-to-one coaching.
Help prepare for the future and give your children a chance to sustain and grow your legacy
We expect the full commitment of participants and their family enterprises, as this programme will enhance the leadership of capacity of both.
Use our 30+ years of experience of working with over 1,000 wealthy young individuals to improve the knowledge and performance of your children.